Delighted to be staying!

 

It has been another busy few weeks across the federation, and the Easter break is now fast approaching. 

Personally, it has been a very big week. I am delighted to have been able to accept the opportunity to become the permanent Headteacher at Alston Moor Federation. Since Christmas I have been made to feel very welcome on 'the moor', and I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know the schools, and the people who attend them each day. 

There will of course be many challenges ahead for all three schools, but I am relishing the chance to lead the federation as we face the next chapter of education across Alston Moor. 

The activities and events continue to come thick and fast for the children. In the last week or so it's been great to see SKS pupils visiting New College in Durham, and taking part in first aid training. 

All three schools were fully involved in World Book Day, with Alston Primary School visiting the town library last week. Yesterday I was 'treated' to a rigorous Q&A session with the children of Nenthead School. I think we agreed that a school-wide consensus on what should be included in Christmas Dinner is just not possible. 

Today I was able to attend the Carlisle Music and Drama Festival to see some of our children perform. I was so pleased, and very proud to watch both primary and secondary pupils perform in a packed church. Seeing 'Alston Moor Federation' alongside the name of so many participants was great moment, not least because it struck me that this is now properly 'our' federation. 


Popular posts from this blog

The First Full Week

Have a Good Break